- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
The 5 Important Effects of Salt Water on the Body
Swimming in the sea is probably one of the best methods to get those beneficial effects of salt water on skin. There is a variety of vital elements contained in the ocean – mineral salts, trace elements, vitamins, bacteriostatic and hormonal substances that have balancing biological effects, amino acids, and living organisms known to secrete antibiotic, which is a natural agent for beautifying your skin. Here are the 5 main beneficial effects of salt water on the body.
1. Fights Skin Infections. When you have a sore throat, the tried, tested and true method for relief is gargling it with salt. Well, the effects of salt water on skin are much the same. The salt water attaches to infectious cells, and then dehydrates them by drawing all the moisture out. Salt can be a great addition to your beauty regime, making the skin on your entire body smooth and radiant.
2. Fights Acne. This is one of the most talked about effects of salt water on skin. To make the most of it, simply go for a swim in the ocean. If this is not possible where you live, then simply make a salt water solution at home. Bring a mixture of water and salt to a boil, cool it, and then apply it to your face daily. Salt water helps rid the skin on your face from oil and dirt without irritating it. After applying the salt water, rinse your face with cold fresh water,
which will finish the cleanse. Apply moisturizer afterwards, especially if your skin type is dry.
3. Stimulates and Detoxifies the Skin. This is another one of the cleansing effects of salt water on the body. Salt helps rid the skin of pollutants, microscopic dirt, and various toxins that tend to clog our pores. Salt also stimulates skin cells in cleansing and detoxifying processes. It removes dead skin cells by exfoliating the skin’s outer surface, which brings out the new fresh cells. This leaves your skin soft and glowing.
4. Reduces Skin Irritation. The minerals contained in salt are necessary for the body’s normal regulatory processes. One of these minerals is magnesium, which helps with skin allergies and skin cell metabolism. Salt water also helps relieve itching and irritation that is caused by dry scaly skin, rashes, cuts and scrapes, and even insect bites.
5. Helps Treat Eczema and Psoriasis. Swimming in the sea or taking saltwater baths can helps treat psoriasis and eczema outbreaks. As mentioned in the previous point, salt water helps relieve itching and irritation because it draws toxins out of the pores. If you have eczema or psoriasis, you can rub some salt on the affected area after a shower or bath. The friction from doing so will help remove dead skin cells and, in turn, improve the condition.
For an example of how salt water is used in therapy, go to:
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
|Body Skin Care19 Apr 2011|