- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
7 Most Reliable High Protein Diet Recipes – Updated Article with New Information
Here we present you with seven great high protein diet recipes. All of them are good protein sources; however, not all of them are necessarily low in carbohydrates.
1. Turkey Breast Diane. Turkey breasts are great for the high protein diet plan, because they are low in saturated fat. To implement this high protein diet recipe, you should rub the turkey breast cutlets with lemon pepper and then fry them. Then cover them with Dijon mustard, lemon juice, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce.
2. Chicken and Lime Butter. Chicken breasts create wonderful high protein diet recipes. You need skinless, boneless chicken breasts, which you will fry in vegetable oil. Serve in lime juice sauce, dill, unsalted butter, and chives.
3. Maple Glazed Salmon. Salmon is great not only because of its high protein and low carbohydrate content, but it is also because of its high content of omega-3 fatty acids. To make this high protein diet recipe, you should start by making glaze first, where you’ll need to combine maple syrup, ginger, soy sauce, cornstarch and water until they form a thick sauce. Then put some of the glaze onto uncooked salmon and bake it in the oven for 18 minutes.
4. Vegetarian Lasagna. This is also good for the high protein diet plan. Use whole-wheat noodles, and make the filling from Parmesan and cottage cheeses and egg whites. Put the mixture between the noodles, adding some tomato sauce and spinach. Put foil on the top and put in the oven for about an hour.
5. Asparagus Omelet. This is one of the best high protein diet recipes, because breakfast is the most important meal in the high protein diet plan. First, cook the asparagus until tender. If you want to keep cholesterol low but still get high amounts of protein, use only egg whites for the omelet itself. Cook the omelet on both sides, then add the asparagus and grated Swiss cheese. Fold in half and serve.
6. Tofu Protein Burgers. Tofu is a wonderful meat substitute, in which you get all the protein and none of the fat. To make the patties, combine tofu, toasted cumin and pumpkin seeds, bread crumbs, black beans, and flavorings, which can include onions, garlic, miso paste, and ginger. Cook the patties like regular hamburgers.
7. Edamame Soup. This makes a good source of protein for vegetarians. First, soften potatoes and onions in a pan. Then add frozen edamame beans and vegetable broth. Cook it all together, then put in a food processor with sour cream.
A special mention should be made about high protein snacks. These are important for when you get hungry in between meals. Some examples of high protein snacks include halved hard-boiled eggs with dill, turkey or chicken breast sandwich meat inside a romaine lettuce leaf with low fat salad dressing, canned tuna with mustard, salsa, or low fat mayonnaise and some spices.
For the original article, click here
For more information, go to:
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
|Slimming Diets6 Oct 2010|