- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
Tri Methyl Glycine Helps to Improve Immune System
Sugar beets extract better known as tri methyl glycine can boast its health benefits:
- it has been known for its antibacterial properties
- TMG helps to enhance athletic performance as it has a beneficial effect on endurance
- it can act as an immune booster
- it helps to lower LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- it also helps to improve immune system function
Tri methyl glycine (also known as TMG or anhydrous Betaine), is extracted from sugar beets. It is known as is a natural polysaccharide which is a relatively complex carbohydrate. Tri methyl glycine is also a good source of the methyl groups that promote healthier levels of homocysteine. Homocysteine is a powerful free radical pro-oxidant generator. Free radicals are known to damage cell proteins and genetic material and leave the cell vulnerable to cancer. Free radicals are also thought to be partly responsible for the aging process as well as a variety of illnesses and conditions. Antioxidant enzymes can help neutralize free radicals, and in doing so may limit or stop some of the damage they cause. Homocysteine is an end product of the metabolism of an essential amino acid called methionine. It has been shown to be a prominent cause of artery and heart disease.
Tri methyl glycine works alongside other substances known as cofactors to inhibit cancer, and protect the body against neurological disease, heart disease, and a wide variety of age related conditions. Cofactors that work with tri methyl glycine include vitamin B6 and B12, and Folic Acid.
Tri methyl glycine is an important and versatile nutrient and provides the body with an intermediary metabolite. This can have the effect of allowing a person to function at more optimal levels of physical and mental activity. As an integral part of human metabolism tri methyl glycine can assist the body to recover from a variety of adverse health conditions. Generally, tri methyl glycine protects the body against many different sources of physical, environmental and metabolic stress.
Tri methyl glycine has been used for the following purposes:
* To assist with immune modulation. It can improve the response of antibodies, and increases B- and T-cell function. It also regulates cytokines and helps to protect against viral and bacterial infection.
* To help reduce triglyceride and cholesterol levels. It also helps to improve coronary circulation which can reduce pain caused by angina. It helps to eliminate hypoxia.
* To help enhance athletic performance as it has a beneficial effect on endurance by improving oxygen utilization and reducing lactic acid buildup. It also improves muscle recovery.
* To improve social interaction and verbal communication and reduce hyperactivity in autistic subjects. It may also reduce seizures in those with epilepsy.
* To promote greater mental alertness and energy, and also help improve immune system function. These can be valuable characteristics for people who suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome.
* To promote anti-tumor activity, which helps to prevent metastasis.
* To reduce antinuclear antibodies, and modulate cytokine production. This is helpful in treating lupus.
In the liver, Tri methyl glycine converts one of its methyl groups into homocysteine. Homocysteine is then itself converted into methionine which is a useful amino acid. Also, when methylation is functioning, homocysteine is converted to methionine which is then converted to S-adenosylmethionine (known as SAMe). SAMe acts as a natural anti depressant and also protects the liver.
The usual dose of tri methyl glycine is around 500-1,000mg per day.
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
One Response to “Tri Methyl Glycine Helps to Improve Immune System”