- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
Top 10 Natural Remedies for an Inflamed Pancreas
- Pancreatitis or an inflamed pancreas is not fun and the symptoms of pancreas problems can be painful. Aside from medical treatment, there is home care that can be done to make the illness more comfortable
- Pancreas problems vary from abdominal pain from an inflamed pancreas to a pancreas tumor. Aside from cancer of the pancreas, natural remedies can pose useful in dealing with the symptoms of an inflamed pancreas
- If you or your loved one has an inflamed pancreas, home and natural remedies are effective. There are things you can do and avoid to make the period of time pass easier and while you are experiencing pancreas problems
- Below is a list of 10 natural remedies for an inflamed pancreas. As always, if symptoms persist, it is wise to see your medical professional immediately
1. Halt alcohol consumption
All alcohol consumption should be stopped immediately if you experience any symptoms of pancreas problems. Alcohol is hard on the pancreas and if you have an inflamed pancreas, alcohol use should be stopped.
2. Adopt a liquid diet
A liquid diet that consists of broth, soups or gelatin can decrease the inflammation of the pancreas. The inflammation causes pain and anything that can eliminate the inflammation will decrease the pain associated with pancreas problems.
3. Take natural analgesics for pain
Natural pain relief can be acquired at your local health food store and can be quite effective in the elimination of pain related to pancreas problems. If you do require something stronger for pain, your doctor will be able to assist you. In the event of cancer of the pancreas or even a pancreas tumor, you may want something stronger to decrease the pain.
Rest is the key in getting over symptoms of pancreas problems. Most likely you will feel like you need to rest and that feeling should not be ignored when dealing with an inflamed pancreas. Rest will help to relieve the symptoms of pancreas problems as your body needs time to heal. Try to avoid your daily routine and if possible, stay home from work and lay in bed. If you have been diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas, it is important to rest and give your body time to adjust to treatment.
5. Avoid dairy products
When suffering from an inflamed pancreas it is wise to avoid consuming dairy products. Dairy products, like milk, are hard on the stomach and can be difficult to digest. They may also cause additional upset, nausea or vomiting. Stick to ice, water and tea. Listen to your body and how it reacts to food. Go back to the adoption of a liquid diet exclusively if necessary.
6. Live a healthy lifestyle
It is not too late to adapt or adopt a healthy lifestyle. Eliminating alcohol, tobacco and caffeine can decrease the risk of developing a pancreas tumor and eliminate pancreas problems.
7. Avoid caffeine
It is not too late to adapt to a healthy lifestyle. Eliminating alcohol, tobacco and caffeine can decrease the risk of developing a pancreas tumor and eliminate pancreas problems. Caffeine is hard on the system and causes the pancreas to work over time. An inflamed pancreas needs to work less and rest more.
8. Avoid smoking
It is not too late to adapt to a healthy lifestyle. Eliminating alcohol, tobacco and caffeine can decrease the risk of developing a pancreas tumor and eliminate pancreas problems.
9. Lose weight
Losing weight goes along with living a healthy lifestyle. Obesity kills and it is important to remember that extra weight is hard on your organs, including your pancreas.
10. Educate yourself
By educating yourself you will become more aware of how to take care of yourself and your pancreas. Action is key and education can help you to make wise choices and take the action required to maintain your health.
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
|Pancreas Problems23 Oct 2009|