- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
Top 10 Diuretic Foods Everyone Should Remember – new updated article.
If you have a fluid retention problem, or if you just want to lose water weight, then diuretic foods and herbal diuretics may be the answer. However, it is important to still drink lots of fluids while taking diuretic foods or herbal diuretics, because otherwise you could get dehydrated. If you decide to take herbal diuretic supplements, then you should know that you shouldn’t take it longer than for a few days, because some necessary nutrients and minerals could end up been flushed from your system along with the water weight. The best thing to do is ingest the following 10 best diuretic foods.
1. Watermelon, or any other melon with a high water concentration. These are good choices because they are a good source of fluids that have diuretic effects and keep you hydrated.
2. Green Tea. The high caffeine level in green tea is what gives it diuretic properties. Other caffeinated drinks, such as coffee, have similar properties as well.
3. Tomatoes. Their high content of water causes the kidneys to release more fluids, which flushes the harmful things from the body much faster.
4. Asparagus. This is one of the best diuretic vegetables, because it contains an alkaloid compound, which improves the performance of the kidneys. This means that the toxins will get washed away from your body faster and you will lose more water weight.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar. This is one the best available diuretic foods. Moreover, this vinegar helps stabilize your levels of potassium, which can go out of balance with many other diuretics.
6. Artichokes. They are another great example of diuretic vegetables. They are known to help the kidneys release excess fluids. They also have many nutrients and vitamins that your body requires.
7. Cranberries. An effective diuretic, cranberries also help fight edema, and should be a requirement in the diets of all women.
8. Parsley. This is one of the best herbal diuretics. You can even buy it as a dried herb and sprinkle it in salads or potatoes.
9. Horseradish. This root is known to contain more Vitamin C than a lot of fruits, and it has also shown to be a great diuretic.
10. Oats. These are great against fluid retention, because they have silica, which is a natural compound that works as a diuretic for the human body.
Apart from the diuretic foods, you can also try garlic, especially if you are looking to lose that excess water weight more quickly. Garlic has been shown to be a great natural diuretic, as well as to help with the break-down of fat.
Something that should be eliminated from the diuretic diet is sugar and salt. They are responsible for retaining water in your body. Sugar and salt are in many products you use every day, so it’s important to read all the labels with ingredients before purchasing any product. For the original story, and further information on diuretic foods, click here
For more information, go to:
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
2 Responses to “Top 10 Diuretic Foods Everyone Should Remember – new updated article.”