- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
7 Best Foods For Bodybuilding Diet Plan – Updated Article With Additional Information
The bodybuilding diet plan requires taking in more protein than the average person in order to add muscle. However, balance here is important, because you don’t want to take in too much unhealthy fat with all that protein. Here are seven bodybuilding foods that are perfectly balanced with the bodybuilding diet plan.
1. Egg whites. Eggs are a wonderful source of protein, so it is one of the best bodybuilding foods. However, egg yolks contain a lot of unwanted cholesterol. So, separating and eating the whites is the optimal choice. You get all of the necessary protein, but none of the unhealthy cholesterol.
2. Protein shakes. The bodybuilder’s diet consists of 3 meals a day, plus several snacks in between the meals. Protein shakes are the best option for those snacks. Usually a protein shake consists of protein powder, skim milk, and flavoring of fresh or frozen fruit. If a protein shake is prepared correctly, it is a great high-protein, low-fat bodybuilding food.
3. Black beans. Bodybuilders need a lot of energy throughout the day. Black beans are great for this, because they release their energy slower, which makes it last longer. Black beans are also a wonderful source of protein and carbohydrates.
4. Oatmeal (non-instant). Apart from protein, the bodybuilding diet plan also requires carbohydrates, which provide energy for workouts. Oatmeal is a great choice for this, as long as you stay away from the instant kinds that are full of sugar and preservatives.
5. Brussels sprouts. These are high in Vitamin C and fiber, and contain very few calories. So, you can eat a lot of them without getting any fat. Kale, cabbage, or other leafy greens are also suitable if you are not a fan of Brussels sprouts.
6. Flaxseeds. You can’t have a bodybuilder’s diet without flaxseeds. They are rich in omega-3 fats and have high levels of fiber, both of which are extremely healthy. Flaxseeds can be ground up in a coffee grinder and sprinkled on salads. You can also bake muffins with them.
7. Clams. Apart from being a wonderful source of protein, clams are rich in iron, which is very easily absorbed by the body. This bodybuilder’s food is also a good source of Vitamin B12, which ensures the health of your body and mind.
Another important thing to mention is water. It is very important to drink as much water as you can handle, because all those toxins generated at the gym need to be flushed out. If you drink 1 gallon a day, that’s good. But if you can drink 2 gallons, that’s probably even better. It’s important for bodybuilders to stay hydrated all the time. A good indication of whether you are drinking enough water is the color of your urine. If it is yellow, then that’s a sign that you’re not drinking enough. It should be practically clear, which means your body is getting enough liquids.
For the original article, click here
For more information, go to:
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
|Healthy Diets23 Sep 2010|