- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
Top 10 Probiotic Side Effects Everyone Should Be Aware of – Updated Article With Additional Information
There are many reasons as to why we are so interested in probiotics. Our world is full of bacteria (and other microorganisms), and they are in people bodies as well – in the gut, in and on the skin, and in other places. “Good bacteria” are very important for the body’s immune system and for protection against disease-causing microorganisms, as well as for the absorption and digestion of food and nutrients. Every person’s bacteria mix is different. The interaction between people and the microorganism in their bodies, as well as among the microorganisms themselves is essential to their health.
The current trend has made probiotics fashionable, with manufacturing companies using them as a marketing tool in order to sell their products. Whenever we put faith in any alternative therapy, it is always necessary to know the potential risks, and, in this case, find out about probiotic side effects. Here we present you with a list of probiotics side effects.
1. They could cause other infections. One of the probiotics side effects is that in large quantities they can actually bring on infections, which will then be necessary to treat with antibiotics.
2. Gas or bloating. Probiotics actually claim to help with or eliminate these altogether, but in some people they have the complete opposite effect.
3. Abdominal pain. Another probiotic side effect is abdominal pain, and sometimes even diarrhea.
4. Fungal infections. A few cases of severe fungal infections have been reported after the use of probiotics. Usually this happened to those with impaired immune systems.
5. Unhealthy metabolic activities. Probiotics have also been reported to lead to unhealthy metabolic activities, excessive immune system stimulation, and gene transfer.
6. Intestinal Infection. Those who already have an underlying disease could be susceptible to this probiotic side effect. These people have a greater chance of developing an intestinal infection after ingesting probiotics. Fever, skin rash, and bloody stools are all signs of an intestinal infection.
7. CAM instead of medical treatment. Complementary and alternative medicine or CAM is now being used by many people as an alternative to seeking standard medical treatment. This often involves the use of probiotics. If you want to use probiotics, it is recommendable to consult your doctor first.
8. Headaches. Headaches have been reported as another probiotics side effect, usually by people who have just started a probiotic diet. However, when the individuals decreased the dosage, they reported that this symptom goes away.
9. Supplements don’t cut it. The probiotic supplements side effects are simple: they just don’t live up to what they claim to do. It is difficult to put all the necessary bacteria into a supplement, and anything that has less than 1 billion bacteria per gram is not sufficient for therapeutic effects.
10. Probiotics are considered food, not drugs. Since they are taken via the mouth as a dietary supplement, probiotics are regulated as foods, not drugs.
For the original article,click here
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
4 Responses to “Top 10 Probiotic Side Effects Everyone Should Be Aware of – Updated Article With Additional Information”