- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
Tips about Mens Skin Care
- Though men are far less likely to be concerned about skin care than women, it is true that men suffer the same skin care issues as women. Acne and wrinkles are two excellent examples of this. Using simple acne skin care products and anti wrinkle skin care treatment methods are two ways that can help sort out these skin care problems for men
- Apply a toner after cleansing the face. This will act as a skin tightening agent to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Finding a good skin moisturizer is important for healthy skin. Before you purchase, keep in mind that there are different types of moisturizers for different skin types. Sensitive skin care should be taken into consideration on this account
- A product that will exfoliate skin is essential to overall healthy-looking skin. Exfoliate at least twice a week for best results
Skin care has always been associated with women. Most men, outside the realm of metrosexuality, consider taking care of their skin to be unimportant at best. Ask any man about his skin care routine and he’ll probably just laugh. Men are more concerned about their overall appearance than the state of their skin. Physique, clothes, shoes, shaving creams and colognes all take precedence. Men are weary of products with feminine associations like sunscreens, face washes and exfoliating masks. However, the skin is the largest of the body’s organs. If it is unhealthy, all the aforementioned aesthetics are in vain. Men are just as prone as women to acne problem, wrinkles and pimples. Therefore, a steady routine should be implemented to ensure glowing and radiant skin.
Let’s begin with shaving — something men know about. Of course, using proper shaving creams and blades is necessary to prevent your skin from any damage. Branded shaving creams are usually better than generic. Some men often get rashes and scars after shaving. This may have something to do with the cream’s ingredients, so check out the label to find one that jives with your skin tone.
Here are some other easy tips for skincare:
• Skin Type: We humans have different skin types. Yours could be normal, oily, dry or a combination thereof. You need to determine your skin type first and then use the appropriate products. An expert in this field will help you in determining your skin type and selecting a product.
• Cleansing: Cleansing is the first step of every skin care routine. Men and women should clean their skin at the end of each day. Men often neglect this simple habit. However, it has countless benefits in addition to preventing pimples. You’ll feel fresh and your skin will feel healthy.
• Toning: Your skin needs proper toning as well. After cleaning your face, you need to use a proper toner. Apply this on your face and it will help in keeping your skin firm as well as minimizing the skin pores.
• Moisturizing: Moisturizing the skin is just like giving it proper nourishment. It is the final step of skin care and helps in keeping the skin healthy. Different moisturizers are meant for different skin types, this should be kept in mind while purchasing a product.
• Exfoliating: Exfoliation is essential for removing dead cells from the skin. Your skin needs exfoliation at least twice a week for best results.
• Sun Protection Factor: Overexposure to the sun’s UV rays can be harmful for both men and women. You need to expose yourself to the sun in order to get an ample amount of Vitamin D. Overdoing it, however, can lead to severe diseases. Use proper sunscreen containing SPF 15 or above for protection against the UV rays.
• Proper Dietary Habits: What you eat directly affects your health and skin. Remember, unhealthy food might cause wrinkles, acne and many skin disorders. You should have a balanced diet in order to maintain a healthy body and skin. Fruits and vegetables are very good for the skin and avoid junk food with heavy oil or fat content. Drink plenty of water to release toxins.
Listen up, men. Take these tips to heart. A skin care routine will only take 10-15 minutes out of your day. Start now, and you will surely see the benefits as you age. So get going…
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
|Skin Care for Men24 Sep 2008|