- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
Beauty Is Only Skin Deep – Is It Really?
- The trick to anti aging skin care treatment is with vitamins, drinking more water and exercising more often
- Getting more sleep is another anti aging skin care option
One’s face reflects the inner beauty and it is the first thing we notice about a person we meet. Some people look beautiful as they possess healthy and glowing skin. Beauty lies in your health and what you look like is a reflection of your skin’s health conditions. There are several skin problems that come with different stages of person’s life: acne, pimples, wrinkles, etc. These are very common problems and almost all of us have had or will have our share. Do you know how to maintain your skin, naturally? Read through this article and you’ll be able to learn all about natural skin care.
Your diet has a direct effect on your health and your skin. The more natural products you consume, the better for your skin. Fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, oily type fish containing omega 3 fatty acids are of primary importance just to name a few. The essential nutrients in these foods are of great value for your skin.
It is important to know what the most essential nutrients for healthy skin are:
• Essential Vitamins (A, C and E): Vitamins are very good for your skin and the best way to utilize these vitamins is through your diet. Vitamin C helps in getting rid of free radical damage caused by the UV rays of the sun and also due to pollution. Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant and helps in treating the skin problems that occur due to overexposure to the sun. Vitamin E when mixed with Vitamin A can be very helpful in treating skin cancer. Vitamin E itself acts as an anti-wrinkle treatment.
Vitamin A is largely found in foods including but not limited to collared greens, carrots, sweet potatoes and liver.
Vitamin C can be found in foods including but not limited to bell peppers both green and red, grapefruit, limes, lemons, oranges, guava and broccoli.
Vitamin E is found in foods including but limited to almonds, cabbages, avocados, tomatoes and sunflower seeds.
• Zinc: Zinc helps in maintaining the oil balance of the skin and is one of the most important nutrients for healthy skin. Some of the major sources of zinc include ginger, pumpkin seeds, oats, eggs and oysters.
• Silica: Silica is a vital nutrient for your skin and it helps in strengthening the connective tissues of your body. A deficiency of Silica can loosen the elasticity of your skin. Some natural sources of Silica include cucumber, strawberries, rhubarb, asparagus and green beans.
Human skin is delicate and maintaining a proper diet and exercise regimen is beneficial in keeping it healthy. It is always better to use natural skin care products free from chemicals that can be harsh on our skin.
During adolescence and in some adult cases, acne and pimples can become a major problem. These are skin irritations and may be caused due to improper dietary habits and an unhealthy digestive system. Sebum, the fatty secretion of the sebaceous glands produced in our skin, is the main culprit behind these ugly pimples and it leaves behind scars which are difficult to treat.
While treating acne one has to focus on reducing the production of sebum and removing the dead skin cells. The bacteria present in and on the skin also need to be killed and this can be done with the help of some natural acne treatments techniques. Cleanse your face daily with a natural product suited for your skin type. Try to keep your skin oil free. Avoid squeezing the pimples as this will only enhance scarring. As a precaution, altering your eating habits will help you in maintaining healthy skin. Drinking a lot of water and fresh fruit juices, eating a wholesome and balanced diet, avoiding dairy products, caffeine, processed food, alcohol and tobacco can also help you in keeping you and your skin healthy. These are the best natural skin care tips for acne.
Wrinkles have been the worst enemy for women over 35 years of age. Wrinkles appear under your eyes, chin and often in the neck region. There are many natural skin care products helpful in the treatment for wrinkles. Anti-wrinkle products use compounds having antioxidant properties like Vitamin A and it’s derivatives. Vitamin A helps in the correct functioning of the skin’s epithelial cells that further helps in rejuvenation. Some herbal products are very promising in helping to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Anti wrinkle exercises followed by natural skin care cleansing and toning products can also benefit your skin. There are other methods of wrinkle treatment such as Botox, invasive surgical techniques and “miracle drugs”. These treatments are synthetic and can be very painful and expensive. Remember, wrinkles come with age, but if you can use natural wrinkle skin care methods and maintain a healthy diet and exercise program, you can severely reduce and possibly prevent them.
Always opt for the natural skin care rather than synthetic cosmetics and artificial treatments. Natural skin care products can be very beneficial and are animal and environmentally safe. Everyone wants to have glowing skin and you can too by going the natural way and taking care of yourself.
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
One Response to “Beauty Is Only Skin Deep – Is It Really?”