- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
Yeast Infection Home Remedy – The 5 Most Powerful Remedies
Do you have a yeast infection? It’s nothing to be embarrassed about, and it is by no means a reflection of your personal hygiene. Before you go out and buy over-the-counter medications which may or may not work, why not try some yeast infection home remedies that you can find right in your kitchen! Here is a list of the top 5 home remedies that have shown good results.
1) Tea tree oil. This yeast infection home remedy comes from Australia, from a tree called Melaleuca alternifolia. It has been used by the aborigines for medicinal purposes for many generations, and yeast infection is one of them. It works because it is antiviral, as well as antifungal. To apply, you can soak a tampon in lubricant that is water-based, and then put a couple of tea tree oil drops on it. Insert the tampon using an applicator (as it may sting the outer area of the vagina).
2) Garlic. Good old omnipotent garlic – is there anything it can’t cure? One property of garlic is that it’s antifungal and helps kill yeast, which makes it an excellent home remedy if you have an infection. To apply, you should take a clove of garlic and remove the skin. Insert the clove into the vagina before going to bed, and take it out in the morning. For more effective results you can make small slits in the garlic clove, so that the juice from the glove can work its magic. If you are afraid to “lose” the clove in there, just sew a string through it like a tampon, so you can easily pull it out later. Repeat for multiple nights as needed.
3) Vinegar. If you can get your hands on natural vinegar, which can be found in a health foods store, it will be a better home remedy than regular grocery store vinegar. What you need to do here is mix a cup of vinegar into a bath tub full of water, and stay in it for at least 20 minutes. Dry the vaginal area thoroughly when finished.
4) Plain yogurt. You can apply unpasteurized plain yogurt in much the same way as you would with a medicinal cream you buy over the counter. Cover it with a pad overnight and repeat for a few consecutive nights.
5) Coconut oil. This one is known to work for candida yeast infections, but you should discuss its application with your doctor first. Coconut oil contains caprylic acid, which is the active ingredient in it. All you need to do is consume more coconut oil on a daily basis. You can buy it at your local health food store.
For more information, go to:
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.