- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
How to Cure Diarrhea?
- Diarrhea symptoms are common and affect just about anyone at some point in their lives. While there are no diarrhea cures, there are many diarrhea remedies that can lessen the symptoms
- Diarrhea is children can be alarming, especially for first time parents. Both infant diarrhea and infant diarrhea must run its course. Natural diarrhea remedies are available that will not harm your child
- Whether you experience watery diarrhea or bloody diarrhea there are remedies that can help to alleviate symptoms from acute diarrhea onset or prolonged symptoms
- Acute diarrhea can be remedied through natural remedies and symptoms may be remedied even in the event of severe diarrhea
While there is no known cure for diarrhea, there are several diarrhea remedies that can alleviate many of the problematic and annoying diarrhea symptoms. Below are some well known and not so well known diarrhea cures.
1. Over the counter medicines
Over the counter medicines such as Imodium A-D can provide diarrhea remedies and lessen diarrhea symptoms quickly. Over the counter medications are fine to use unless you notice severe diarrhea. When acute diarrhea is present or even bloody diarrhea, it is best to seek immediate medical attention. It is best to hold off for at least 24 hours prior to issuing over the counter medications to stop diarrhea symptoms because the body will naturally rid any waste that is necessary to get rid of. The body will be benefited by the wait.
Mashed bananas are excellent diarrhea cures in toddler diarrhea and infant diarrhea. Simply take a ripe banana and mash it, then add a teaspoon of tamarind pulp and a splash of salt and consume the mixture approximately two times per day. This concoction will help control diarrhea symptoms including watery diarrhea and acute diarrhea problems. Bananas are also rich in vitamins and provide added nutrition when losing vitamins and nutrients during diarrhea bouts.
Home diarrhea remedies include the use of pomegranates. Pomegranate juice can be consumed to help control watery diarrhea. Severe diarrhea can cause dehydration and pomegranate juice can be taken to eliminate diarrhea symptoms. Infant diarrhea can cause dehydration as well and pomegranates can provide a natural means for diarrhea cures. Dehydration can also occur during toddler diarrhea and it should be recognized that young children and infants are prone to dehydration and complications accompanied with diarrhea.
4. Change your diet
Other diarrhea cures are as simple as modifying your diet. Bloody diarrhea is not always harmful and alarming, but can be caused by elevated levels of sugar or fat in your diet. In order to eliminate acute diarrhea from occurring or to stop the symptoms accompanying severe diarrhea, modifying your diet is necessary. Increasing fiber and consuming more fruits and vegetables can help relieve severe diarrhea problems.
5. Eliminate the consumption of dairy products
An undiagnosed disease called Irritable Bowel Syndrome or even lactose intolerance can cause diarrhea symptoms like bloody diarrhea. This is common in infant diarrhea or toddler diarrhea when parents are not sure what are causing the symptoms. In toddler diarrhea, parents can start to determine the cause of the problem by omitting dairy products like eggs, milk or cheese. If the toddler diarrhea stops or begins to ease, you will self-diagnose the problem.
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.