- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
How to Relieve Abdominal Cramps – Updated Article With New Information
There are various things you can do to relieve abdominal cramps. In this article we have summarized the most important points.
· Anti-motility medications are generally intended for people who suffer from diarrhea. However, this medication can also relieve abdominal cramps, because it has muscle relaxing properties. You may also try Simethicone, which is another over the counter medication that helps decrease stomach flatulence.
· Antacids sold over the counter either in liquid or tablet form can be used to get immediately relieve abdominal cramps, but only if they are caused by gastritis. Some popular brands include Maalox, Tums, and Pepto Bismol.
· Acetaminophen can also be taken to relieve abdominal cramps, but only if they have already determined that their cause is not liver-related.
· Simply sipping water may help relieve abdominal cramps, as well as other clear liquids. Solid food should be avoided for about 6 hours, after which you may eat small quantities of non-rich foods.
· Another way to provide pain relief for abdominal cramps is to apply a heating pad on to your lower back. However, make sure that you do not apply heat straight to the abdomen, because this may result in nausea. Also, you can try soaking in a warm bath.
· If the abdominal cramps are cause by intestinal gas build-up, then you can try passing gas. To keep gas from building up, you should avoid fatty and oily foods and gas-producing products, such as cabbage, beans, onions, milk and milk products, and carbonated drinks.
· And last but not least on our list of things to relieve abdominal cramps is ginger. Ginger is a commonly used and very effective treatment for abdominal cramps. It can be used as a digestive tonic to pass trapped gas and soothe the stomach. It is a great way to relieve abdominal symptoms that are caused by gallbladder colic, influenza virus, or general digestive upsets. It is also useful for relieving nausea. Ginger can be ingested in a variety of ways. You can drink it as a tea. Try adding 2 teaspoons of lemon juice into a teaspoon of ginger tea, with some sugar to taste. You can also try infusing your ginger tea with castor oil to more effectively relieve those abdominal cramps. One more thing you can try with ginger is extracting its juice by grating it. Then you may rub the juice onto your belly for a soothing effect on your abdominal cramps.
For the original article, click here
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
2 Responses to “How to Relieve Abdominal Cramps – Updated Article With New Information”