- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
Top 10 Goldenseal Root Healing Benefits
- The benefits of goldenseal have been known for centuries
- Goldenseal root is used to treat a wide range of conditions and diseases
- When echinacea and goldenseal are combined they are more effective than when taken individually
Top 10 Goldenseal Root Healing Benefits
1. Goldenseal herb is a common home remedy for detoxifying the body and pushing out toxins and other harmful components. This herb increases fluid elimination, and helps cells get rid of wastes and toxins that may be built up. Clearing this fluid can clean out your body, and prevent illnesses and diseases. This herb is common in many herbal remedies, and is also becoming more common in teas and drinks that flush drug residues from your system as well.
2. Echinacea and goldenseal combined are a one two knockout punch for the flu and colds, as well as many other viral infections. Not only is your immune activity boosted, but this combination will help soothe any of your mucous membranes which are inflamed. The components responsible are alkaloids called berberine and hydrastine, which fight bacteria and viral infections.
3. One of the benefits of goldenseal is the topical antibiotic and cleansing effect that this herb can have on the skin for wound care. When added to water and used to wash the skin and wound, echinacea extract can clean and sterilize the area to promote healthy healing and no infections in the wound. This herb also improves lymph circulation, which will help speed up the healing process.
4. Goldenseal extract and the herb itself can help prevent and treat heartburn, especially if it is caused in part by emotional stress. This herb can help soothe the digestive system and lower the acid level so that heartburn and acid reflux do not occur as frequently. If taken after the heartburn starts, it can stop it very quickly. This is a natural way to prevent or treat heartburn without having to take drugs.
5. Goldenseal herb can help with ear infections and diseases. The herb helps boost your immune system so that your body can fight off invaders like bacteria before they can infect the tissues. In addition, lymph is drained more efficiently from the ear area, so there is no congestion that can allow bacteria to grow better.
6. One of the benefits of goldenseal is that this herb can increase the effect of many other healing herbs. This is one of the reasons that echinacea with goldenseal is much more effective, because the two herbs are combined. This is the reason that many illnesses and medical conditions are treated with a combination of herbs that include goldenseal.
7. Echinacea with goldenseal can help clean vital tissues and organs, while improving digestion. These two herbs combined will improve the amount and quality of your digestive secretions, and will help with better production of the enzymes and fluids needed for good digestion without any problems. It will increase your amount of saliva and other digestive juices, and help with any inflammation present in your digestive tract.
8. Goldenseal extract can help calm your central nervous system. This herb has been shown to have relaxing and sedating effects when taken. It may help you fall asleep faster and stay that way all through the night. Yoiur heartbeat will slow down some, and your blood pressure will lower slightly.
9. Goldenseal promotes more efficient and effecive function of all your internal organs and systems. This means all the systems and organs, including your colon and intestines, your pancreas, your liver, your lymph system, your circulatory system, your respiratory system, your spleen, and many more.
10. Goldenseal herb can be very beneficial for menstrual and postpartum bleeding. The herb has an astringent effect which helps dilate the surface blood vessels and slow down the bleeding. When taken regularly right before and during your menstrual cycle and after childbirth goldenseal can help prevent and stop excessive bleeding.
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
One Response to “Top 10 Goldenseal Root Healing Benefits”