Home » Natural Remedies » Natural Products

Synthetic Chemical Solvents to Avoid at All Costs

Whether you know it or not, you are surrounded by toxic chemical solvents on a daily basis. Although approved by the FDA for use, the approval is based on the smallest amount of exposure to the human body, and its potential effects. Many of these have not been tested for long time durations, are absorbed into the body, are not expelled and are instead stored in various organs. Here are some of the worst chemical solvents to remove from your life.


The world of synthetic ingredients touches just about everything we use, from shampoos and cleaners to carpets and our clothes. That new car smell? It’s actually the fumes, which can be toxic of the interior glues and materials. As you go through your day, pick up each product that you are using and look, really look at the label. Always wash clothes before wearing them, especially for children, to remove the stabilizing chemicals that have been added to help them keep their shape and appealing appearance. Don’t fall prey to the marketing hype of the word ‘natural’, because in most cases it isn’t. Manufacturers know the general public is willing to spend money on what contains natural and so they print it everywhere.

The worse chemical solvents, many of which we all have problems pronouncing: acetone, acetic acid, amyl alcohol, butylenes glycol, benzene, ethyl butyl acetate, ethyl alcohol, synthetic; isopropyl alcohol, ether glycerine, methanol, hexane, propyl alcohol, phenol, SD alcohols, propylene glycol, and ethylene glycol monophenyl-ether (phenoxyethanol).

Many of these solvents are used in industries that would make you gasp, including embalming, leather and hide tanning, and dry cleaning. The residues get onto the skin and into the body because our skin absorbs everything and sends that into our bloodstream. The solvents are deposited and over time, can wreak havoc on our systems.

Source: http://allnaturalbeauty.us/synthetic_ingredients.htm

The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.