- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
Top 10 Astigmatism Symptoms
When the lens of the eye doesn’t have a smooth surface astigmatism occurs. It can be present at birth and is usually in combination with nearsightedness or farsightedness. It doesn’t always need action but if astigmatism correction is needed it can be done with corrective lenses or surgery.
- One of the most common astigmatism symptoms is blurred vision. If a person is just slightly affected it might not even be noticed. Blurred vision can occur horizontally, vertically or diagonally.
- People with astigmatism have trouble reading small print and it appears blurred.
- Squinting when looking at far or close objects is also one of the astigmatism symptoms.
- In children it can manifest in the inability to focus on words and lines when reading.
- Headaches are a common complain people, with astigmatism, has.
- A person with astigmatism might complain about tired or sore eyes which are caused by eye-strain while trying to focus.
- Distortion in parts of the visual field is also associated with astigmatism.
- Images appear double especially at night.
- Eyes can be irritated and red.
- People who suffer constantly from headaches and sore eyes can become fatigued after a while.
Astigmatism symptoms can sometimes surface after eye injuries or surgery. Sitting too close to the television or reading in poor light is, however, not a cause of astigmatism.
Glasses or contacts for astigmatism can be worn to reshape the cornea. Another option is laser surgery
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
|Astigmatism28 Oct 2009|