- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
Is there additional information you are looking for on the topic of sun tanning?3 ways sun tanning can make you sick
The truth about SPF sun protectors
Sun tanning effects on your skin
How safe are spray tans?
5 Ways to Get Best Skin Tan and Avoid Damaging UV rays – Updated Article With New Information
1. Extend Your Tan. If you already have a skin tan, the best way to keep it without further UV exposure is to make it last naturally as long as possible. This can easily be done just by keeping the skin moisturized, which keeps it from peeling along with the tan. In this way, the outer skin layer that contains the melanin (which gives your skin that deep color) can stay intact for a longer period of time.
2. Tanning Beds. The main advantage of tanning beds over lying on the beach is that you have full control over how much exposure you get to those harmful UV rays, as well as the amount time and the conditions in which you are exposed to the UV rays. However, tanning beds are not for everyone. A new analysis has been conducted using about 20 separate studies that have shown that the risk of getting skin cancer dramatically increases if you begin to get your skin tan in tanning beds before the age of 30. The American Cancer Society recommends spray-on tans, self-tanning or bronzing creams, as well as airbrush spray tans as better options, which we will discuss next.
3. Rub-On Tans. To get the best skin tan in the safest way you can use a self-tanner. Products that rub on to the skin are one of the best. The only problem with them is that they can be too intense. So, if you do not apply them correctly, your skin could turn orange and you’ll look like a pumpkin. In order to avoid the orange tint, it’s important to choose the product carefully and apply it in the exact way as instructed.
4. Spray-On Tans. Many people report that they prefer spray-on tans and that it is a better self-tanning method than the rub-on kind. With spray-on tans, it is easier to make sure that you have an even skin tan. Also, you can control the tint of it, making it as dark or light as you want.
5. Airbrush Spray Tans. These are done with a precision instrument slightly larger than a pen. It allows for a virtually flawless application, with special care on difficult areas, like elbows, knees, feet, face, and hairline. Depending on your type of skin, as well as daily activities, airbrush spray tans should last 5-7 days. It is easy to maintain airbrush skin tans indefinitely with follow-up applications. One airbrush skin tan application is equivalent to about 6 sessions in a tanning bed. Moreover, airbrush spray tans spare the skin from burns, and wear and tear.
For the original article, click here
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
|Skin Tanning22 Oct 2010|