- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
Top 5 Corneal Ulcer Treatment Methods
The single best treatment for any illness is prevention. With that in mind, iodine supplements may prove beneficial in a plan to prevent corneal ulcers. As with any major or long-term changes to diet or exercise, consider consulting your physician before beginning a new routine.
Listed among the major causes of corneal ulcers are infections. These may result from bacteria, virus or fungus. Iodine is an essential element in maintaining a healthy immune system.
- A healthy immune system can help to prevent infection before it becomes serious enough to cause a corneal ulcer.
- Also adequate sun light and fresh air can be important factors.
Another major cause of ulcers on the cornea is dry eyes. This is typically the result of an eye disorder, but when the thyroid is functioning correctly, it, also, plays a role in the regulation of bodily fluids.
- Using hydrating eye drops when necessary may be a good idea if you suffer from dry eyes.
- If you find yourself needing a corneal ulcer treatment plan for an existing ulcer you can begin by removing any contact lenses you may be wearing.
- Consider a cold compress in the short term.
Seek medical attention to have the ulcer adequately assessed. The doctor can help plan your long-term corneal ulcer treatment, and he may be able to advise you on how to prevent them in the future. The best corneal ulcer treatment plan is one that helps prevent future ulcers.
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
|Other Eye Health Issues25 Oct 2009|