- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
Top 10 Liposuction Surgery Myths
- Once reserved for the rich and famous, liposuction surgery has now exploded among the mainstream population. There are a variety of reasons why it is now a common procedure. Advancement in technology has brought the costs down so there are cheap liposuction surgeries people can now get. Liposuction was mainly done on women but liposuction for men is becoming increasingly popular
- Liposuction surgery is now less evasive so whether you’re having breast liposuction, facial liposuction or stomach liposuction, the after liposuction surgery care is usually minimal and done at home
- New techniques such as ultrasonic liposuction for the face have made it possible for people afraid to go under the knife to be able to get liposuction without incisions in the skin
- Even with its broadening popularity there are plenty of myths about liposuction. We break down the top ten liposuction myths and expose them as fallacy
1. Liposuction gets rid of stretch marks.
This is simply not true. Liposuction surgery removes fat cells from the body but it cannot get rid of stretch marks.
2. Liposuction is an answer to obesity.
This is a dangerous myth and gives many people false hope that they can somehow go from fat to skinny by the plastic surgeon waving his or her magic wand. Liposuction is for people who generally are within 30 pounds of their target weight but have some specific problem areas where fat has accumulated. Usually those areas do not respond to diet and exercise leaving liposuction a safe alternative.
3. Liposuction surgery gets rid of cellulite.
Many people want to get liposuction because they think it will eliminate cellulite. Liposuction surgery does not remove the fat cells where cellulite resides. In fact, because liposuction can loosen skin, cellulite can appear more apparent.
4. You will lose weight immediately after liposuction.
This is not true. In many cases the patient gains weight because of fluid retention. Fat simply does not weigh a lot so the true results from liposuction are measured in appearance and inches lost.
5. Liposuction surgery must be done in a hospital.
With the advancement in technology many liposuction procedures are done in one office visit. The horror stories about terrible liposuction scars and even death are virtually non-existent because of the advanced techniques and training now available.
6. After liposuction you do not have to worry about diet and exercise.
Remember that liposuction is not a cure for obesity. Therefore without proper diet and exercise a person can still gain significant weight after liposuction surgery.
7. Liposuction is very expensive.
With the advancement in technology liposuction surgery costs have been driven down where many people can now afford to have it. Most doctors will set up a payment plan as well. There is a lot of competition among doctors as well so that has driven down the prices also. If you’re looking for cheap liposuction you can still get a quality procedure performed by an outstanding plastic surgeon. You can lower liposuction surgery cost by being at or near your target weight. Liposuction surgery cost is also much cheaper than spending money on fad diets over a lifetime. Liposuction surgery cost can also be covered by insurance in extreme cases.
8. Liposuction leaves no scars.
Liposuction scars are a reality after surgery is done. It depends on where the procedure is done and what technique is used. Whether it is breast liposuction, facial liposuction, ultrasonic liposuction or stomach liposuction scars will occur.
9. Liposuction lifts hanging skin
Liposuction does not lift hanging skin. Since fat cells are being removed it will actually loosen the skin even more. If the patient has enough skin elasticity it can eventually correct it but not usually.
10. Liposuction is only for women
This is false. Liposuction for men is becoming more and more popular as men are emphasizing their appearance more. Liposuction for the back and abdomen are the popular areas to be treated by men.Click here to discuss this article on forum.
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
|Liposuction16 Sep 2009|