- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
|Metabolism Boosters21 Sep 2010|
in a reader
Before we get into what specific foods speed up metabolism, let’s talk about how you should eat. First of all, you should always eat breakfast. Throughout the night your body is deprived of food, so your metabolism slows down. If your cells don’t get enough nutrients, they will function less efficiently with lesser amounts and during nutritional deprivation they will actually store more fat. You should also eat often and smaller amounts. Eating 6 small meals a day keeps a consistent supply of energy for the body and keeps your metabolism going constantly. You shouldn’t eat late at night, because metabolism slows down naturally in the afternoon and evening.
Now let’s talk about the specific foods to speed up metabolism. These are the top ten delicious foods speed up metabolism naturally, while you get to enjoy the process. Eating them often is key, and you don’t have to avoid tasty treats as a result.
1. Melons. These are great foods to speed up metabolism, especially watermelons and honey dew melons. They are high in water, vitamins, antioxidants, potassium, all of which are essential for boosting metabolism.
2. Nuts. They are full of good fats and healthy protein, as well as nutritional benefits. Nuts raise your metabolism, giving your more energy as a result, and keep you full longer. They are great for snacks and salads.
3. Fish. Oily fish contains a substance called leptin and omega-3 fatty acids, both of which are essential for an efficient metabolism. Great examples include salmon, sardines, and tuna.
4. Asparagus. It takes your body more calories to break down asparagus than this food actually contains, so this is a good thing if you want to boost your metabolism. Asparagus is also rich in nutrients and antioxidants.
5. Mango. This tropical fruit is a great source of phosphorus, vitamin C and B12, and is also high in fiber and protein. It is full of minerals and nutrients, so it is one of the best foods to speed up metabolism.
6. Kiwi Fruit. One kiwi contains almost 3 times the daily required amount of vitamin C, so they are great to speed up metabolism. They are also rich in Vitamin K and E, iron, potassium and copper.
7. Gourmet Cheese. It is rich in calcium and protein, so these foods speed up metabolism significantly. When calcium is combined with protein, it helps really helps boost your metabolism because of fat burning components.
8. Baked Potato. They are rich in magnesium, potassium, and zinc, all of which are requirements for boosting metabolism. Baked potatoes are filling as well, so you don’t get hungry longer after eating one.
9. Dark chocolate. It is rich in magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese, as well as healthy flavonoids, so you can speed up your metabolism naturally because of these components.
10. Lobster. This crustacean is rich in vitamin b12, selenium, zinc, and potassium, which are all necessary to increase metabolism. It is also low in calories and has a delicious taste.
For the original article, click here
For more information, go to:
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
|Metabolism Boosters21 Sep 2010|