- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Naturally? – Updated Article With Extra Information
Dark circles under the eyes may appear for a variety of reasons, some of which are well known, while others are rarely talked about. If you suffer from this condition, then there isn’t much to worry about, because there are various natural things you can do about those dark circles. Here we present you with 3 main natural changes you can make to help clear the dark circles under the eyes.
1. Rest and Exercise. Many people end up with dark circles under their eyes simply because they are not getting enough sleep. This shows on your face, because your skin gets paler and dark circles get darker if you are not sleeping enough.
One of the reasons for lack of sleep is lack of exercise. People who get regular exercise are generally known to have better sleep overall. Some experts suggest that yoga is the best natural remedy for dark circles, especially a posture called Sarvangasana.
2. Diet and Hydration. If you have dark circles under your eyes, it’s important to examine your diet. You may have some nutrient deficiencies that lead to this problem. For instance, an iron deficiency may result in your skin under the eyes turning slightly blue. It’s important to eat a lot of fruit and vegetables and have a good balance of complex carbohydrates and low-fat protein. Also, alcohol consumption should be avoided, because it dehydrates your body, which may also lead to dark circles under the eyes. Alcohol also makes your sleep less restful.
There has been some research that has found that dehydration may lead to dark circles. So, if you have just begun to notice this problem, you should consider increasing your intake of fluids. The minimum you should be drinking per day is 8 glasses of water or other sugar-free, non-caffeinated beverages. If you exercise too, you need to drink more.
3. Topical Treatments. If you need to take more immediate action to conceal the dark circles under your eyes, many treatments exist that can be found right in your kitchen. These include:
· Cucumber slices: place them on the eyes to reduce and soothe puffiness
· Potato slices: cover your eyelids with them for 20 minutes to increase circulation around the eyes.
· Tomato juice and lemon juice: a tea spoon or tomato and half a tea spoon of lemon juice and add some flour (enough to make a thick paste). Put the paste around the eyes for 15 minutes and remove thoroughly.
· Pineapple juice and turmeric powder
· Almond oil, crushed mint leaves, and avocado oil: place under the eyes to minimize appearance of dark circles.
· Teabags: soak them in cold water, drain excess water and place over your eyes for 10 minutes. Mint and chamomile are the best kinds of herbal teabags for this procedure.
· Crushed fresh mind: put around your eyes, keep on for a few minutes.
· Cotton balls soaked in milk or water.
For the original article, click here
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
|Dark Circles Under Eyes13 Oct 2010|