- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
What additional answers are you looking for on the topic of blood sugar?Ideal blood sugar information
How to control your blood sugar level
Slow wound healing with elevated blood sugar
Low and high blood sugar level: the facts
Homeopathic Treatment for Blood Sugar Problems and Diabetes
- Diabetes mellitus is a common medical problem caused either when your body is unable to produce insulin in sufficient amounts, or when your body’s cells are unable to use this insulin. This in turn prevents your body from being able to turn sugar into the energy it needs.
- Hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia can occur when your blood sugar isn’t between the normal levels.
- Any diabetic considering homeopathic help for their condition should consult their doctor to discuss whether such treatment could be appropriate.
Homeopathy is a particularly complicated area, practitioners believing that any remedy should include treatment of the whole person, not just the illness.
Blood Sugar Problems
Diabetes mellitus is a common medical problem caused either when your body is unable to produce insulin in sufficient amounts, or when your body’s cells are unable to use this insulin. This in turn prevents your body from being able to turn sugar into the energy it needs.
Conventional Symptoms and Treatments
Treatment for diabetes is about keeping the blood sugar at normal levels. Traditionally this has been done by administering insulin, or by glucose reduction therapy. Equally important though is maintaining a good diet whereby the blood’s sugar content is kept as stable as possible.
In the case that blood sugar levels are not kept within normal limits there are two possible extremes that diabetics must be prepared to cope with:
1. Hypoglycaemia – this happens when there are excessive amounts of insulin or sulphonylureas in the blood stream, although it can also be caused by lack of food or excessive exercise. In such circumstances it is important that some food is eaten quickly. Sweating, confusion and faintness are all warning signals that you should take action.
2. The opposite condition, hyperglycaemia, occurs when there is an excess of glucose in the blood. This could be because of lack of insulin treatment. Unless quickly treated, hyperglycaemia may lead to coma and death. Many diabetics will carry with them an insulin pen for quick treatment.
If your form of diabetes is such that your body is able to produce insulin but not in sufficient quantities then it is possible that by choosing your diet more carefully, as well as glucose reduction tablets you can manage your condition. In the case that your body produces no insulin, diet and insulin shots will be necessary.
Homeopathy as a treatment
A quick search on the internet shows many websites recommending various homeopathic treatments. These treatments generally contain minute quantities of a substance which in large quantities would actually cause adverse symptoms. Such treatment at low doses is believed by many to be of help. Although many doctors reject such alternative treatments, there are now several homeopathic hospitals working together with state health-care.
The following suggestions are found on the internet for helping to manage or treat diabetes, although I can provide no guarantee for their authenticity.
Because of the holistic nature of homeopathic treatment every patient should be individually analysed and a plan prescribed depending exactly upon their condition. Homeopathic remedies in general have no side effects.
One website recommended:
Phosphorus to stabilize blood sugar and energy levels
Codeinum: 3X four to six times daily for depression and skin irritation.
Syzygium: 1X every eight hours as a general remedy.
Another website went further suggesting that the individual causes of the diabetes should be taken into account:
Uranium nitrate – for diabetes originating from digestion problems (dyspepsia).
Phosphoric acid – useful for diabetes where a cause is due to grief, worry and anxiety.
Lactic acid – said to be useful when the cause is due to stomach and liver problems.
Bryonia – applied directly through the skin, again for causes due to liver problems.
Insulin – administered as drops in water, as with all homoeopathic remedies to be given in small doses.
Any diabetic considering homeopathic help for their condition should consult their doctor to discuss whether such treatment could be appropriate. Many health shops now sell homeopathic treatments without prescription. Remember though that homeopathic treatments are not said to work overnight, and it is said that it can take up to two years to regulate diabetes with homeopathy.
When you need to regulate your blood sugar, you can try Cinnergen solution.
Cinnergen supplement is used as a natural method to provide the nutrients you need to keep your blood sugar under control. The supplement works because of the ingredients used, and can help you lower your blood sugar and increase your insulin efficiency. All of the herbs and foods in this nutritional supplement are full of healthy and nutritious compounds.
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
|Diabetes Prevention14 Jan 2009|