- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
Drinks to Lower Cholesterol – the Surprising Addition to Your Diet to Lower Cholesterol
Most people know about the foods we should and should not eat if we are on a diet to lower cholesterol. But what about the drinks? Here are some of the things you should definitely be drinking on a daily basis to help lower your cholesterol levels:
1) Green tea. There are powerful antioxidants contained in green tea, which makes it one of the drinks to lower cholesterol. It helps eliminate the bad LDL cholesterol and to increase good HDL cholesterol. In some cases it even helps with reducing blood pressure. You may drink green tea hot or cold.
2) Juice. Ideally the juices you drink should be as natural as possible as part of your diet to lower cholesterol. Orange juice is great for this, as it contains folic acid, which helps reduce your risks of a heart attack. Grape juice is also one of the best drinks to lower cholesterol, because it is full of resveratrol and flavonoids. These substance have an abundance of antioxidants, which help prevent blood clots in arteries. Vegetable juices are also the best ways to lower cholesterol, especially carrot juice, as it contains beta carotene, vitamin E, and antioxidants, all of which help reduce the bad LDL cholesterol levels. Studies have also shown that two glasses of tomato juice per day can help you reduce cholesterol levels.
3) Wine. This is one of the surprising drinks to lower cholesterol. Research demonstrates that if you drink 1 to 3 ounces of alcohol per day, your risk of a heart attack is reduced significantly. Wine is particularly suitable here, especially red wine, as it is full of antioxidants, which should always be part of your diet to lower cholesterol. So, unless you have a blood pressure problem, you are encouraged to have one glass of wine per day.
4) Soy milk. There are 10 grams of soy protein contained in soy milk, which is more than a third of the recommended daily dose to help reduce cholesterol levels and risk of heart disease, according to the U.S. FDA. You can get creative with how you consume soy milk by using it in cereals or creamy pasta sauces, or just drinking a delicious glass of chocolate soy milk.
5) Active SuperShots. These are a new product and one of the best ways to lower cholesterol. They contain a natural plant called sterols, and come in a delicious fruit drink or yogurt form. Every three-ounce bottle of SuperShots contains two grams of plant sterols, which help your body counteract cholesterol absorption from the food you consume. One SuperShot a day should do a fine job.
6) Water. Yes, good old water. Because of the cleansing effects water has, it is one the drinks to lower cholesterol, apart from its numerous other benefits. 6-8 glasses of water per day can go a long way to help you reduce your cholesterol levels.Click here to discuss this article on forum.
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
|Cholesterol Diets22 Mar 2011|