- Dietary Supplements
- Health Conditions
- Healthy Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Health
- Skin Care
- Natural Remedies
15 Home Remedies for Sunburn
So, you got a nasty sunburn after a day at the beach? There are a number of sunburn home remedies you can use to help the situation:
1. To get relief right away, you should soak the sunburned areas in cold (but not icy) water for about15 minutes. The cold will decrease the chance of swelling and absorbs the heat from the skin.
2. Apply a thin layer of pure aloe vera to the affected area. If you can get your hands on a fresh leaf directly from the plant, that will be best. Otherwise get the 100 percent pure aloe vera gel from the drugstore.
3. A great remedy for sunburn is to mix turmeric, barley, and yogurt, all in equal proportions, and make a paste. Apply to the affected area.
4. If your whole body is burned, take a cool bath with oatmeal in it. For this, you can just grind a cup of oatmeal up in a blender and add it right in.
5. In general, try to drink a lot of water on a regular basis, and especially when you are sunburnt. Water keeps moisture in the skin, and it necessary because you would have lost fluids by sitting out in the sun.
6. Try a green tea compress. Make up a pot of green tea and leave it to cool. Put a clean piece of cloth in the tea after it has cooled; then use it as a compress for the affected areas.
7. Take a cold bath with some sandalwood oil in it. This cools off the skin and balances the body in general.
8. If you have some spots that are extremely painful to touch, try to rub them gently with a slice of potato or cucumber. These vegetables help reduce swelling.
The information supplied in this article is not to be considered as medical advice and is for educational purposes only.
|Skin Tanning16 Aug 2010|